We understand that using online services involves significant trust on your part. We value your trust, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and corporate information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a client; use the service; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as products viewed and pages visited. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see the “Cookies and other technologies” section below.
How we use your information
We often receive testimonials and comments from customers who have had positive experiences or have achieved positive results by using our website.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or our software. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Business partners with whom we may jointly offer software or services, or whose software or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website or our software, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including investors. For example, we may tell stakeholders the number of visitors our website receives or average statistics for user accounts. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
SchedulePro registered users can access and update their contact information by logging into the login page at scheduleprosoftware.com. SchedulePro email subscribers can update their subscription choices or close their account by using the links at the bottom of any email from SchedulePro or you may Contact Us. In the event that you close a SchedulePro account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your historical information. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Who can access your information
Only those employees who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing and handling personal information obtained by us are given authorization to do so. The unauthorized access or use of such information by employee is strictly prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action. Additionally, our information management systems are configured in such a way as to block or inhibit employees from accessing information that they have no authority to access
Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is included in all Employee contracts.
Our trusted vendors and business partners are responsible for processing or handling some of the information that we receive. These vendors and business partners are not authorized to use such information for purposes beyond those specified by us and are required by contract, to preserve the confidentiality with which we treat such information.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- You can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies and other technologies
Using the SchedulePro mobile phone and tablet applications (“Mobile App”)
When you use a SchedulePro Mobile Apps, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
- We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- Each Mobile App also creates a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device (a “Mobile Identifier”), which is used for identification purposes, including identifying your preferences.
- (Future versions) If you use the Mobile App we use information about your current location to identify roaming activities and other location based services – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies. Each Mobile App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the Mobile Identifier, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website and our software to schedule and support the management of your workforce, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. All personal information is additionally encrypted in our database.
Visiting our website from outside Canada or the United States
If you are visiting our website or using our software from outside Canada and the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in Canada, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
Our service agents are available by phone Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm Pacific, excepting statuary holidays. If you wish to contact us online please use our contact page.
SchedulePro c/o EDP Software
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
Suite 101, 887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC